A Year Round Endeavour!
Although the Gala only takes place one day a year, it takes a mammoth effort from the Gala Committee to organise the day. Organisation starts in August for the following year, with the Committee becoming more frantic the closer they get to the day!!
Many are unaware of the scale of the organisation, with a mountain of forms to complete, meetings to attend and phone calls to make. As with any event, we have to apply for licences, complete Risk Assessments, negotiate with Fife Council, bus companies and police, research and book entertainment, attend publicity shoots and network with potential sponsors. As well as this, a significant amount of time and effort is involved in collecting and distributing hats, streamers, food, water, tents and even hay bales one year!!. It takes time and dedication to complete these tasks and a group of amazing volunteers.
We would like to make a special mention for;
- The Vine Church who sort all the hats, streamers, water and crisps for all of the 3,500 children taking part and help out with stewarding on the day.
- The Rosyth Sea Cadets who assist with the marshalling of the children from the buses to Viewfield Car Park.
- The Round Table who distribute 3,000 balloons before the parade.
- Carnegie Hall for it's use of the facilities for the entertainers and children.
- Alastair Hoey, Danny Caines & Crew who give up their time every year to co-ordinate the smooth running of the parade and afternoon entertainment and set up in the Glen.